Case Study : ICT Solution Charters Group
Arcom IT arranged a full site survey to get a complete understanding of existing services and infrastructure.
Charters is the official Peugeot and Citroën dealership based in Aldershot, Hampshire along with their Reading branch representing the fast growing SsangYong brand. As a family-owned business, the group is large enough to offer great prices and an expert quality service, yet small enough to deliver excellent customer service.
Charters Group has been serving the local community for over 100 years. And proud to have won on 3 occasions the Peugeot Guild of Gold Lion award for customer service and business excellence.
Derek McQueen , Managing – Director for Charters, approached Arcom as their existing IT company, to do a review of the group telecoms services . With 3 large sites all with different suppliers and services there was a need to unify them as much as possible with the aim to:
- Reduce expenditure
- Improve operational efficiency
- Flexible, reliable, and cost-effective communication between all 3 sites
- Enhance customer experience
Initially Arcom arranged a full site survey at all 3 sites to get a complete understanding of existing services and infrastructure to be able to propose the best solution.
Then after doing a full review of Charters existing costs as well, Arcom recommended replacing the existing mix of old PBX phone systems, ISDN lines and internet services with a hosted Horizon phone system and data connections from Gamma which offers :
- Minimal capex costs with FOC deskphones, cordless and conference units.
- Reduced opex costs with Inclusive UK calls and hosting of multiple numbers.
- No maintenance contract
- Mobile app
- Call recording
- Auto attendant options with diverts/transfers between departments and sites
- Short dialling between sites
- Flexible and scalable with online portal & support desk for all ongoing changes
As of 2020 Arcom now provide the following services to all 3 Charters Group sites
- Horizon Hosted phone system
- Mobile phones with Horizon app
- Leaseline or Gamma Fibre broadband
- New Cat 5 data Cabling with Wi-Fi access points for showroom
- IT support and procurement
- Dedicated account manager
- One supplier and invoice for all services and sites
“We’ve been extremely pleased with the effectiveness of our New Horizon phone system. It’s allowed us to link and manage all 3 sites together with flexible calling options, diverts, call recording and more importantly very cost effective compared to our old PBX system . With lockdown it was so easy to make changes and divert numbers when needed almost immediately. Jon Ruffle and the team oversaw all 3 installs very well with no issue and the day to day management has been very good which really makes things so easy for us . I would highly recommend both the Horizon system and Arcom!”
Derek McQueen – Managing Director – Charters Group